December 23, 2011
Jan. 10 Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
Jodi Pfefferkorn and Scott Mansker are the hosts of Rivermiles.
"This is Rivermiles"
film clips and presentation by Jodi Pfefferkorn, Flaming Fiddle Productions
Step out of the cold and join us for a special evening of clips and behind-the-scenes stories from the PBS documentary series "Rivermiles". Local filmmaker Jodi Pfefferkorn and Missouri River 340 organizer Scott Mansker take you on a tour of some great Missouri River places, and teach you a thing or two along the way.
7:00 p.m. - Tues. Dec. 13, 2011
lower floor of the
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
in Rocheport, MO
Presentation is FREE and open to the public! Click here for flier (pdf)
Come early to purchase a great dinner upstairs at the Bistro!
From river clean-ups to river races, from river fish to river towns, the crew at Rivermiles has been bringing the Missouri River into the living rooms of Missouri PBS viewers. Rivermiles host and producer Jodi Pfefferkorn will share some great clips and stories with us about their adventures on the river.
How does muddy river water get turned into drinking water? Where on the river can you get a cigar, tour an old boat and find the most varieties of hot sauce? What bait do fisheries biologists use? Find the answers to these questions and more!
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It's the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in the lower level. You can either enter
at the restaurant entrance then go down the stairs to your left past the
bar, or you can follow the walk to the right of the restaurant and
enter through a glass door into the lower level.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO (click for Google Map)
www.riverrelief.org is created and maintained by Missouri River Relief, P.O. Box 463, Columbia, MO 65205
Copyright © 2016 Missouri River Relief, photos copyright © their respective owners
| Site designed and built by Josh Nichols.