April 21, 2014
A Busy Earth Week with Missouri River Relief - Join Us!
Earth Day River Clean-up at the Confluence, Worm-o-rama, Happy Hour with River Relief and more!
From education events and parties to a massive river clean-up at the Confluence, we've got a lot going on for "Earth Week". We hope you'll join us somewhere!
Scroll down for a list and a few details on what's cooking on and off the river.
Tuesday, April 22 - Earth Day!
Prairie Fork Conservation Area Earth Day
An education event with 400 mid-Missouri elementary school students learning about all aspects of their environment and ecology. We'll have a booth there!
"Earth Day Worm-O-Rama" Live at the KDHX stage!
River Relief director Jeff Barrow will join an awesome cast on stage for a live version of Jean Ponzi's weekly "Earthworms" environmental radio show.
- 7-9 p.m. at the KDHX stage - 3524 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- Featuring River Relief, the World Bird Sanctuary, our favorite river band - Augusta Bottoms Consort, musician Robert Fishbone and photographer Dale Dufer and St. Louis' eco guru Jean Ponzi!
- Free with canned food donation.
- Click here to check out the event on Facebook.
Thursday, April 24
Happy Hour Fundraiser with Missouri River Relief
We're celebrating the expansion of our education program by inviting you all to Happy Hour to introduce our new education coordinator Alex Prentice. Free beer, wine and light snacks, short talks from Mo. DNR Director Sarah Parker-Pauley and conservation leader Steve Mahfood. Screening of "A Pelican Island Adventure", a short film by Roxi Pop about a Missouri River campout and cleanup with John Burroughs students.
- please RSVP by emailing event organizer Sarah Wood Martin at sarahwmartin(at)gmail.com with "RSVP" in the subject line.
- Check out the event on Facebook for updates and invite your friends.
- Suggested donations: $20, $50, $100
Friday, April 25
"It's that 80's Western Benefit Party for Missouri River Relief"
A house party benefiting River Relief in Columbia. Click here for all the details on Facebook, and invite your friends!
- 6 p.m. - 3 a.m. at 704 N William Street, Columbia, MO
- Music by Tom Lata, Graham Michael Kennedy, Naked Dave Bandy and legendary DJ Ron IrOnic Ribiat
- Cool Raffle Prizes!
- Thank you to our sponsors - Makes Scents, Colographic Inc., True/False Film Fest, Trey Bistro, Tropical Liquours, Lucky's Market
- And thank you Alexis Malone for making it happen!
Saturday, April 26
A massive one day clean up event at the confluence of our nation's two longest rivers, the Missouri and Mississippi. Join the fun at Columbia Bottom Conservation Area boat ramp.
Earth Day Eve
After the clean-up, join our St. Louis Earth Day friends at the "Earth Day Eve" celebration at The Muny in Forest Park from 4 - 7 p.m. Music, drinks, food and good friends. Click here for all the details.
Sunday, April 27
Columbia Earth Day - Peace Park
Missouri River Relief will have a booth at the Columbia Earth Day Kid's Area. Come blow off some steam with your kids doing the recycling relay and checking out some of the trash treasures we've found on the river. Here's the link to all the great stuff going on at Columbia Earth Day.
If you are in the St. Louis area, check out the amazing St. Louis Earth Day Festival at Forest Park. It's their 25th Anniversary for what is considered the 2nd largest Earth Day festival in the nation.
www.riverrelief.org is created and maintained by Missouri River Relief, P.O. Box 463, Columbia, MO 65205
Copyright © 2016 Missouri River Relief, photos copyright © their respective owners
| Site designed and built by Josh Nichols.