Missouri River levels
- USGS Real-Time Gage Heights, Lower Missouri River
- NWS Advanced Hydrological Predictions, Missouri River - make your own river monitoring page to bookmark.
- NWS Missouri River Basin Overview - Colors show current level status. Click on gage station to link to hydrological prediction graph.
- Random Chimp's MO River Mash-up, an interactive map showing gage heights, discharge and temp from KC to St. Louis.
- NWS Predictions for Major Missouri River Tributaries.
Missouri River Clean-ups
- Missouri Stream Teams: Missouri River Relief is Missouri Stream Team #1875. Our “stream” is the whole Missouri River within the state of Missouri. Missouri Stream Team is a multi-agency program giving resources to communities to take care of their streams.
- Living Lands and Waters: Chad Pregracke and his barge crew. While living on the river, this crew does clean-ups, education and restoration in the Mississippi River Basin and beyond. The inspiration behind Missouri River Relief. Also check out Chad's biography, "From the Bottom Up", co-written by River Relief's Jeff Barrow.
- River Kids - a kid-run non-profit that studies, experiences and restores rivers and streams. Based at New City School in St. Louis. Partners with Big Muddy Adventures on Missouri & Mississippi River clean-ups.
- Friends of Big Muddy: Our partners on many clean-ups, promote stewardship of Big Muddy National Wildlife Refuge.
- Team MoDak: These River Relief crewmembers are taking on the Missouri River 340 - and using their adventure to raise money for Missouri River Relief!
On The River Links
- Cooper's Landing: River Relief’s home port. A marina, convenience store, boat gas dock, access, Thai restaurant, musician’s paradise and river rat central for mid-Missouri.
- Big Muddy Adventures: Guided paddling trips on the Lower Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. A huge partner and supporter of Missouri River Relief.
- Lewis and Clark Water Trail: A web-based guide to paddling the Missouri River. Includes safety, paddling tips and an interactive map.
- omahariverfront.com: An Omaha, NE, based portal on Missouri River recreation and news.
- rivermiles.com: The homebase for the Missouri River 340, the world’s longest non-stop paddler’s race, from Kansas City, MO, to St. Charles, MO. Check out the Rivermiles Forum for the most interesting online conversation about the Missouri River.
- Missouri River Boat Club: A bar, restaurant and dock on the Big Sioux River in Sioux City, IA.
- missouririvertrips.com: A great resource on planning Missouri River trips by MRR crewmember Richard Lovell. Look at individual ramp sites for photo galleries of MRR clean-ups.
- Mighty Mo' Canoe Rentals: Guided trips and rentals on the Missouri River. Located in Rocheport, MO.
- Notley Hawkins' Missouri River Photography Or check out his amazing Flickr gallery of Missouri River shots. Then wander around...
- USGS Columbia Environmental Research Center collection of scientific publications on the Missouri River.
Missouri River Organizations
- American Rivers: A national river stewards organization.
- Back to the River: An Omaha/Council Bluffs area group working for sustainable development and habitat improvement along the Missouri River.
- Confluence Partnership: A partnership focusing on habitat, recreation and heritage in the Missouri/Mississippi Confluence area near St. Louis.
- Izaak Walton League Missouri River Initiative: The national fish & wildlife organization has begun a project focusing on partnerships and habitat in the Lower Missouri River.
- Missouri River Communities Network: An organization promoting Missouri River heritage and watershed education. Also a Missouri Stream Team.
- Missouri River Futures: A public/private partnership dedicated to conservation on the Missouri National Recreation River.
www.riverrelief.org is created and maintained by Missouri River Relief, P.O. Box 463, Columbia, MO 65205
Copyright © 2013 Missouri River Relief, photos copyright © their respective owners
| Site designed and built by Josh Nichols.