March 21, 2015
Confluence Trash Bash - 2015
Locations throughout N. St. Louis County
Confluence Trash Bash is a huge, multi-watershed clean-up in the North St. Louis area, focused around the Confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. The event is organized by Greenway Network with a long list of partners.
- Event page hosted by Greenway Network
- Event registration (pick which starting location you want to work from)
- Event on Facebook
Missouri River Relief and Big Muddy Adventures are organizing a site on the Mississippi River at Mosenthein Island (subject to change due to river conditions). Motorboats and canoes will be taking volunteers across the Mississippi to clean up this infamous trash trap below the Confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri River.
We will have limited space in our boats (40 people in boats and 25 on canoes), so please register and make sure to select the Missouri River Relief (for boats) or Big Muddy Adventures (for canoes) site. There are many other awesome and necessary sites to work, though, so please come out no matter what!
Stay tuned for more details!
Volunteers for the Confluence Trash Bash are meeting between 8-8:30 a.m. at four main sites. You can choose from four locations as your starting site, after which you will be assigned to specific areas to clean.
The Missouri River Relief and Big Muddy Adventures site will be meeting at the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge. We will then be moving to N. Riverfront Park, a mile 1/2 south.
The four starting locations you can choose from:
- The Old Chain of Rocks Bridge (10950 Riverview Drive, St. Louis, MO 63137) - This is where Missouri River Relief boat crews will be meeting.
- Creve Coeur Lake (2350 Creve Coeur Mill Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63146)
- Sunset Park in Florissent (2300 Sunset Park Drive, 63031)
- Bridgeton Site (13217 Ferguson Ln., Bridgeton, MO 63044)
Those who have registered to be on our River Relief boats will be meeting first at Old Chain of Rocks Bridge, then driving to North Riverfront Park, just south of the Chain of Rocks.